Monday, December 31, 2007

Long December

"It's been a long December, but there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last." The Counting Crows

Well, as the year draws to a close today, I am full of hope for the new year. Our cousins Heather and Cody were very generous with their little one this week in Illinois and let us hold him quite a bit. It gave me so much hope to hold him in my arms. It reminded me that some things really are worth waiting for. My New Year resolution is to be open to God's timing, to be patient for His blessings. I know that He will not let my strength fail--even if I arrive at April Baby's due date with a womb that's empty still. The Scripture keeps running through my mind--"weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." I will look for joy this year.

No comments: