Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tell me not to panic

I've been feeling so good lately and enjoying feeling Benjamin move around, but today I just lack the confidence I have grown accustomed to. I think it's because I talked to my coworker about her sister's miscarriage a lot today and yesterday and lots of people were telling her their stories about how they've been through the same thing (well, it's like one in five pregnancies!). But I just started thinking about all the things that can still go wrong and I got so scared. I've had to stop reading the newsletter I receive from MEND (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) because the stories that used to give me hope now fill me with dread. I have enjoyed pregnancy so much, but I think I will just be really relieved once Benjamin is safely born. Fortunately I have a sweet husband, an active baby, a good doctor, and most of all, a Faithful God to get me through the final leg of our journey. The third trimester begins tomorrow! Please don't stop praying for us. And please remember to pray for Robin, who has a tough time ahead....sometimes it's hard to give thanks in all things, even when it is Thanksgiving.

No comments: