Monday, August 25, 2008

BabiesBabiesBabies!

This weekend I got to go to a Living Proof Live event in San Antonio, TX where I heard my favorite Bible teacher, Beth Moore. It was a wonderful weekend (despite the somewhat amusing spectacle that I am in a swimsuit at the hotel pool!). I really felt blessed when we first arrived at the event and I met a woman (a friend of a friend) whom I had prayed for when she lost a baby to miscarriage a few months ago and found out that she is expecting again! Alright, I know that was a really poor sentence, but it's hard to care when I'm this emotional. I just choked up right there in the Alamodome before the conference even began--it felt like affirmation to me. After that we had an incredible time of worship (it's been a long time since I've experienced worship like that!) before Beth got up to speak. Imagine my surprise when the first thing Beth did was announce that her daughter is four months pregnant and speak a blessing over all of the expecting moms in the room! I truly believe God has a calling on our little ones in their generation because I keep finding out about one godly couple after another who are expecting. I also think it's noteworthy that these little ones are so spread out geographically. I hope you'll join me in praying for the following babies: Baby C. and Baby Girl H. (both making their debuts in December), Baby H., Baby B., and Baby P. (all arriving in February and all part of our family!), Baby L., Baby M. and Baby P. in March, Baby N. and Baby S. in April, and Baby C. in May! These babies represent six states in the USA, 3 cities in Texas, and one of these little ones is all the way in New Zealand!
One last thing about the Living Proof Live message--one key point in Beth's lesson was: "I am an heir of God. My life is not left to chance." It hit me like a ton of bricks and yet made me feel light as a feather. Everything that has happened has been in His hands and the timing of our baby is not a coincidence. My life is not left to chance. Neither is yours. While I wonder how many of these babies' paths will cross and when, God knows every day allotted to each one of them, where they will grow up, who they will marry, who their best friends will be, what their gifts will be. I know some of my friends out there are searching for jobs and learning new cultures and starting churches and stepping out in faith in a dozen other ways. But God knew when you were only centimeters long where you would be in this season and it is not a chance! I am crying. I love the Lord. And I love you, my friends in Japan and Chicago and Dallas and Andrea, whatever state you are in (I can't remember), and Belton, and Bryan/College Station, and Lubbock, and Nashville, and North Carolina. You are divinely placed.

1 comment:

Andrea Casey said...

Thank you, Kristy! It is so important to pray for our little ones! I love hearing and agreeing in prayer with Todd each night as he prays for Kate's future husband and friends, among other things. She may not realize what he's saying as we say bedtime prayers, but some day, she'll understand. What a blessing it will be when she understands the importance of this and how special it is to have a daddy who loves her so much he'd ask the Lord for these things. And how wonderful it will be when she understands the love of the Lord for her!
(btw - we're in MN right now.) ;)